Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Arno's Software Development Bookshelf

This part of my bookshelf (see below) is all about software development and the software industry. It is slowly starting to outgrow the shelf-space I originally had reserved. I am particularly interested in object oriented design / development (mainly in C++, Java and C#/.NET), application servers, database systems, graphical user interfaces (thin clients and rich clients) and software project management in general. Another fascinating area is the microcomputer revolution, and the history and the legends of silicon valley.

On the other hand, I also try to build up a basic level of knowledge in areas outside my expertise - e.g. I didn't have a a lot of idea about networking in general (one course at university and my little peer-to-peer home LAN just wasn't not enough, and at work networking has always been outside the scope of my tasks). Severals books later I now have something like a global impression of what it is all about (suffice to say that more practical experience is still missing). Same is true for electronics, image editing, game programming, and so on...

Please click on the image in order to zoom in. Some of those books are also listed here, resp. on my Amazon Listmania Lists.



This reminds me that I have to urge some folks to return the following items: