Wednesday, March 23, 2005
My Computer Museum (Update)
From left to right:
(1) Commodore CBM8032
(2) Sun SparcStation 5, NEC 21" VGA Monitor
(3) Commodore 64, Commodore 1541 Floppy Drive, Commodore 1081 Color Monitor
(4) Commodore 128D, Commodore 1901 Color Monitor
(5) Commodore Amiga 500, Commodore 1085S Color Monitor
(6) Atari 1040ST, Atari SM124 Monochrome Monitor
(7) Apple Macintosh LC, Apple Monochrome Monitor
(8) Sinclair ZX81, Commodore 1084 Color Monitor
(1) Atari SC1224 Color Monitor
Currently looking for:
(1) Apple II
(2) TV set for connecting the Sinclair ZX81
(3) Some more power cables
The Mac LC is booting, but is missing its mouse right now (luckily the original contributor found it in the meantime). And I am still looking for a small TV set for the Sinclair ZX81 (the ZX81 has a built-in TV modulator, and a TV-out connector only - though it is possible to grab the original video signal directly from the board, this seems too risky for me as I am not a hardware expert at all, and I am afraid to blow up the board when trying).
My Sun SparcStation is currently running OpenBSD, but I consider switching over to Solaris.
Did I mention that I was out-bid ONCE AGAIN on eBay for an Apple IIc? What's wrong? Everyone seems to go crazy for the Apple II right now.